Launching Your Website Instructions / Domain Name Server (DNS) Setting
When you are ready to point your domain(s) to your WebHornet Website, you will need to change your Domain Name Server (DNS) settings. DNS settings are the part of your domain name that tells a user's browser where to go to find your website. DNS will translate [www.yourdomain.com] into an IP Address that the computer can understand.
To point your domain to your website, you will need to do the following steps. Note, every Registrar is slightly different, so contact your Registrar if you need assistance with DNS Management:
1 - Begin by emailing email@example.com with the domain(s) you would like to point to your website.
Include the following in your email:
- Your Name & Organization
- Your Customer ID
- List of Domain(s) you would like point the your WebHornet Website (yourdomain.com, www.yourdomain.net, yourdomain.org, www.yourdomain.org, etc.)
*Please note, you must have purchased the domain(s) before pointing them to your website
2 - Locate your Domain Registrar. The place where you purchased your domain is called a Registrar. Some of the common registrar’s are www.networksolutions.com, www.register.com and www.godaddy.com. You need to know where your domain was purchased before you can make changes to your DNS settings.
- Finding your Registrar Log In Information. After purchasing your domain from your Registrar, you would have received an email containing your username and password. Locate this information and log in to your Registrar to make sure you can access your Registrar account.
- Once you have logged into your Registrar Account, access your Account Manager, Manage My Account or something similar to these options.
- Next you are looking for your Domain Manager or a list of domains you have purchased. Once you have found your domain list, drill into the details of the your domain to manage.
- You should now be looking for an option to Edit Your DNS, Manager Your DNS, Control DNS, or something similar to these options.
3 - Once you have found the DNS Management section, the goal here is to create two new “A” Records, this will allow users to find and access your website at either [yourdomain.com] or [www.yourdomain.com].
a - The first A Record will be [yourdomain.com] pointing to IP Address: 188.8.131.52
b - The second A Record will be [www.yourdomain.com] pointing to IP Address: 184.108.40.206
c - If you have additional domains, please provide these domains to WebHornet support requesting a redirect be put in place. We will need to know your primary domain and any additional domains that will redirect to the primary domain. Additional domain's A records should be set to 220.127.116.11.
Save your changes. Some Registrars may make you click "continue" multiple times for your changes to take effect. Make sure you do so. Also, some Registrars may send you an e-mail that you need to open and click a link inside it to accept the changes. If that is the case, make sure to follow all the instructions in the e-mail exactly.
DNS changes usually take from 24-72 hours to take effect. Note, every Registrar is slightly different, so contact your Registrar if you need assistance with DNS Management.
If you would prefer for the WebHornet Support Team to assist you with DNS changes, submit a ticket
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Hornet Helper charges will apply.